Yoga is not about how you look, it's about how you FEEL and who you want to be.
ABOUT THIS Adrea PERSON
Adrea is a SoCal native, born in Hollywood to rather bohemian parents, and raised to appreciate art, beauty, and animals and to be compassionate and non-judgmental of everyone. She spent her childhood in a ballet company and played hide-and-go-seek with a headful of curlers in the balconies of various performance venues.
After an almost entirely private-school education, she graduated with a B.A. in Art History from Chapman University in 2004. Once she completed her internship at the LA County Museum of Art, she became a Graphic Designer, which she still does today.
Adrea received her 200 Hour Certification from the Deeper Than Asana program. Since then, she has expanded her trainings by becoming certified in Yin Yoga with Melissa Christensen, Kids & Family Yoga through the Rainbow Yoga program, and Trauma-Informed Yoga with Zabie Yamasaki. She will begin undertaking a 300-Hour program in Fall of 2017 that focuses on Meditation & Ayurveda.
When not on the mat, you can find Adrea shooting Yoga Photography, designing Malas & other self-care and yoga products, practicing Pilates, Meditating, spending time with her family & enjoying life lived by the beach. Her giant tabby cat, Hemingway, is often by her side.
Her goal in teaching yoga is to help every student who comes to their mat find the yoga that works for them and to realize that they are enough exactly as they are right now.
Learn about the types of yoga that I teach here.
- RYT 200 Deeper Than Asana Yoga Teacher Training Program, May 2016
- First Aid, AED, CPR Certification, April 2016
- National Yoga Alliance Member May 2016
- Assistant for the 200 Hour Deeper Than Asana Yoga Training, Winter 2016
- Co-founder of the OC Yogis CARE project, November 2016
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Melissa Christensen, Spectra Yoga, June 2016
- Rainbow Kids Yoga Training, Long Beach, September 2016
- Assistant and Yin Teacher at the November 2016 Deeper Than Asana Palm Desert Retreat
- Trauma Informed Yoga Training with Zabie Yamasaki, Be The Change Yoga, January 2017
- Facilitator of Yoga & Self-Care Seminar at the UCI Girls Conference, March 2017